- Mr. Noboru Niwa founded a Niwa Maintenance Operation Co., Ltd.
- Toyo Carrier Manufacturing Co., Ltd. was founded.
- The 1st Japan-made forklift was manufactured.
- The 1st export was done to Taiwan.
- The 1st Electric Forklift, FE-T-275 was manufactured in Sekime Factory.
- Tou-un Kougyou Co., Ltd.(the present Ryugasaki Plant) was established.
- Company name changed to Toyo Umpanki Co., Ltd.
- 3000 pounds Forklift was delivered to Antarctica to assist the obveration activity.
- Technical collaboration agreement was concluded with Clark.
- The 1st 10t Forklift was developed for a national steel mill.
- Japan's 1st Torque Converter Type Forklift was launched.
- The 1st Japan-made wheel loader(85A) was launched.
- The 1st Distributor Agreement was concluded with Westco in Australia.
- The 1st Overseas Representative Office was set up in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The 1st European export was made to Havelange in Belgium.
- Hitachi Zosen Corporation became a major shareholder.
- New Osaka Office was constructed.
- European Representative Office was established in Dusseldorf, Germany.
- Shiga Toyo Umpanki Co., Ltd.(the present Shiga Plant) was founded.
- Knock-down export agreement was concluded with Criterion Equipment Co. in South Africa.
- Distributorship agreement for Pingon Excavator was concluded.
- Skid Steer Loader was launched.
- STD30 manufacturered under TCM original technology was launched.
- TCM America (MBK), Inc. was founded.
- TCM invited 10 dealers under Mitsui Maschinen GmbH in West Germany to Japan.
- Wide view 2 stage mast was developed.
- The production of 5,000 units of Skid Steer Loader was achieved.
- Ryugasaki Plant completed 7.2 million man-hours without an accident, a first in the industry.
- 1000 units were ordered from Pentagon, USA.
- Mutual cooperation agreement was signed with Melroe Manufacturing Co. in USA.
- Shiga plant achieved 5 million man-hours without accident.
- Self-developed 800 Series wheel loader was placed on the market.
- Technical collaboration agreement with Clark expired.
- Technical collaboration agreement as the first Japanese company with Chinese forklift companies was concluded.
- TCM Manufacturing USA Inc., was established in South Carolina, USA.
- Tokyo office was reconstructed.
- TCM Europe S.A. in Belgium was founded.
- European production in BN SPOORWEGMATERIEEL EN METAAL CONSTRUCTIES N.V. was inaugurated.
- Anhui Andong Foundry Co., Ltd. was founded in China.
- A jont company, Mitsui Industrial Machinery GmbH was launched as a distributor in West Germany.
- Anhui TCM Forklift Co., Ltd., the 1st forklift plant in China operated by a Japanese firm was founded.
- Licensing agreement with FHE (Fiat-Hitachi Excavators S.p.A.) concluded.
- Shiga and Ryugasaki Plant gained ISO 9001 Certification.
- The 1st export of RTG (Rubber Tyred Gantry Crane) was made to port of Shenzhen in China.
- Shiga and Ryugasaki Plant gained ISO 14001 Certification.
- Company renamed TCM Corporation on its 50th anniversary.
- ACROBA (side moving forklift) was launched.
- TCM Asia Distribution Co., Ltd. was founded in Thailand.
- Shanghai TCM Forklift Trading Co., Ltd. was founded in China.
- TCM Distribution USA Inc. in New Jersey, USA was founded.
- Mibu Plant was launched.
- TCM Anhui Machinery Co., Ltd. with full ownership by Japanese campanies was founded.
- Parts center opened in Thailand.
- TCM 1st World Conference was held in Thailand.
- TCM Forklift Trucks, in Texas, USA was founded.
- TCM France S.A.S. was founded in Lyon, France.
- Three US affiliates merged to form TCM America, Inc.
- Hitachi Construction Machinery Co. became a sole shareholder.
- Construction machinery division was transferred to Hitachi Construction Machinery Co.